This qualificaton is intended as an introduction to moving and handling activities for those who are starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling,as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training.
ITEMS TO BRING: All delegates must bring Photographic I.D. and PASSPORT only (original
HEALTH: All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course
- Learners gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and will recognise its importance in ensuring a safer working environment.
- Learners will gained theortical background and practical skills on the following areas such as the reasons for safe manual handling, manual handling risk assessments, principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
Learners will gain adequate knowledge, practical skills in the following areas:
1. Reason or Importance of Safe Manual Handling
2. Manual Handling Risk Assessment
3. Manual Handling contribution to Health and Safety
4. Principles, Types of Equipment and Testing Requirements
5. Application of Safe Manual Handling Principles
- The qualification is assessed via multiple-choice examination and practical examination
- All successful students will be awarded with a Safe Moving and Handling Certificate, detailing their qualification and validity