Those who have, or required to have ‘hands on’ knowledge and/or responsibilities involving the use of lifting equipment used within their operational environment.
The aim of the course is to provide selected delegates with basic underpinning knowledge of lifting and slinging to enable them to carry out their lifting operations in accordance with statutory requirements and without risk to health.
- Training about of the basic requirements of legislation, their legal obligations and responsibilities.
- Knowing about force influences, sling configurations and safety precautions.
- Estimate load weights.
- Select appropriate lifting equipment for each lift.
- Carry out pre-use inspection of lifting equipment.
- Use appropriate hand signals.
- Carry out successful lifting operations safely.